Effective: May 11, 2019
Who We Are
We are RunBuddy (collectively referred to herein as “RunBuddy,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). We provide Internet and mobile app-based services including, for example, the apps linked to (“Mobile Apps”) RunBuddy.
Information About Your Personal Data
“Personal Data” is information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information. This includes things such as your full name, email address, phone number, precise location, device IDs, certain cookie and network identifiers, and “Fitness and Wellness Data.”
Why We Collect and Use Personal Data
When you sign up for a RunBuddy account, we will require the following personal information:
- Your Name, Email Address, and Mobile Phone Number.
This information will establish your account within RunBuddy.
When you purchase subscription-level RunBuddy, we will require additional information:
- Access to the Contacts in your phone.
RunBuddy needs to access this information in order for you to select your buddies. Your buddies are the contacts that you select to receive your activity alerts.
- Access to your Location.
Allows your buddies to live-track your location. RunBuddy will begin to track your location after you start your activity. RunBuddy will cease to track your location after you end your activity.
How We Collect and Use Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data when:
- When you register for an account with our Moble-App Services. We collect Personal Data when you use our Services, including when you register with us, or make purchases from us (including processing of payment). This Personal Data may include name, address, phone number, username and password, email address, payment information and Location Data. “Location Data” means your precise location. We use this data to make our Mobile-Apps function, enable your activity within our Services, and to provide the services generally. We also use this data for internal purposes related to certain research, analytics, innovation, testing, monitoring, customer communication, risk management, and administrative purposes.
- When we comply with Legal Requirements or Obligations, Law Enforcement, and for Public Safety Purposes.Read More
How We Disclose Personal Data
- To Service Providers and Vendors.
With business partners, marketing partners, and vendors to provide and improve the Services.
- For Certain Analytics and Improvement
With business partners for purposes of analytics and improvement of the Services.
- For Legal Compliance, Law Enforcement, and Public Safety Purposes.
- Consent for Email Communication:
By signing up for Services, you consent to email communications from RunBuddy. You can choose to unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link in any commercial email we send. If you use more than one Service, then unsubscribing from the emails relating to that Service will not stop you from receiving emails from other Services. You will still receive email communications from us if they are strictly necessary to provide the RunBuddy service or to confirm or validate a transaction, recover accounts, etc.
- Opt-In Mobile Text Messages:
By signing up for Services, you consent to text message communications from RunBuddy. Text messages are auto-dialed. You can opt-out of marketing by sending STOP to the number following the directions sent back to you when you sign up.
- Mobile Push Notifications:
By signing up for Services, you consent to mobile push notifications from RunBuddy. You can manage the type of push notifications you receive from RunBuddy by modifying the settings within the RunBuddy Service. Be aware that if you turn off mobile push notifications in either your phone or within the RunBuddy app, you will not receive RunBuddy alerts, rendering the RunBuddy app useless. We advise that you do not turn off your ability to receive the mobile push notifications.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account or as otherwise necessary to provide you the Services. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request.
If you have questions about our data retention practices, please contact us through our Support Questions portal on the GetRunBuddy.com site.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.
Links to Other Websites
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data online from children under 13 (note that the minimum age may vary based on local law). If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us through our Support Team. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the data and cancel the child’s account.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your Personal Data, then you may contact us through our Support Team or write to us at:
1 Exchange Street
Worcester, MA 01608